Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Future is here.

If you have never read, Transmetropolitan the 60 issue comic book series written by Warren Ellis, I highly recommend it. The story follows a man named Spider Jerusalem, who has lived in the mountains for the last five years and for reasons I will not reveal, he has to revisit the city, after leaving for the mountains years ago. Now, that is all of the plot you are going to get from me. The point why I bring this up is because of the city that Jerusalem has to revisit and live in, once again. At the time of the publication the city was set in the future and ends up becoming a character of its own. The city is filled with viral information everywhere, we find out, as Jerusalem first enters the city and later goes on to explore it. it is literally a social networkers' dream as commercials are beamed directly to the head, people are getting constant updates about the world from "The Feed," the book even goes as far as the main character going, "walking out in the city, is like walking out of sensory deprivation," later even simply remarking that there is noise everywhere. And the reason, that I bring all of this up, is because this age of getting information directly to us, is where we are ladies and gentlemen. The days of not knowing what is going on in the world are long gone. Got a radio? Better yet, got a computer? Heck, got a cell phone? Technology is taking us to places where we never thought. You can pull out your phone and find a variety of info, from the latest news, to what time the movie is playing tonight. All of this leads to this blog. Now you came across it for a certain reason. Now, all I ask is for you to stay with me. As I write this, I cannot tell you what this is going to be about, but I will tell you I will throw a little pop culture, a little daily news, and sports news at you but from there, well we will see. But for now, all I can is that the future that Warren gave us in Transmetropolitan is here.

1 comment:

  1. You'll go far in this world lad. I gain respect for you with each and every new venue of yours that I have the opportunity to read.
    Thanks for sharing.
    The ol man from Tillman

    ReplyDelete