Thursday, December 31, 2009

Flashforward: Resolutions that I am sure, I will not live up to.

This column is going to be a little different today? Since it is the last day of the new year, I decided I would take a couple of steps back and look at my resolutions for next year. So hold on to something and brace yourself for this column might go into the Deep end.
So without further delay, here are some resolutions that I am sure not going to live up to in 2010.
1. I will be the mayor of somewhere on Foursquare. If you are not aware of foursquare and have the ability to go online with your phone, I highly recommend it(WWW.Foursqure.com). It is one half social networking and another half, one fun, cellphone game. It might be a few steps behind other social networking programs as far as communicating to other people are concerned, but it makes up for this with it's fun ability to map out where you have been and where you are going. It has been on my phone for a month now and beyond turning it on here and there, I have not stayed on it regularly. Hopefully this will change.
2. I will officially switch over to the Mac platform, sometime this year. Yes, you heard me! The Vio labtop I am working on has been my baby for the last year, but I am already thinking of my next machine and I am thinking of switching sides. I am ready to explore every bit of the mac's operating system and see what it has to offer.
3. The words "Settle down" will somewhow/somewhere be expressed by these lips...afterwards millions of facebook followers will gasp in awe. Or at least my buddy Jesse will, after repeatedly hearing me sworn off these words.
4. I will keep this blog up and running, and every twenty-five posts will involve a good beer.
5. I will watch the finale of Lost and promise not to be shocked, upset, and/or pretend that I knew this was going to happen the whole time(JJ Abrams do not let me down!). Afterwards a blog from me and a million others from around the world will debate if this was the greatest Science Fiction show ever.(sorry X-files)
6. I will teach my father the computer skills he needs, to the point that he no longer needs me or to the point, where he has at least an idea of what is going on.
7. I will volunteer at least 5 times this year and enjoy every bit of it, not saying I haven't enjoyed it in the past. I just have never gotten into the volunteer thing until recently serving some time at a Habitat for Humanity restore center.
8. I will oficially finish collecting Neil Gaimen's "The Sandman" and start collecting the Robert Kirkman's "Walking Dead" after hearing so many good things about it this past year.
9. I will start taking more pictures(with either my camera or cellphone), so I can relive every moment of my youth. Also I will create accounts with Photobucket and/or Flickr(Photobucket.com and Flickr.com respectfully).
10. I will not give my brother any discouragement on any girl he chooses, in his life, no matter where he meets her nor the circumstances. However...this resolution stands that I get the same treatment.
These are my ten resolutions. I am sure by the end of January I will officially of screwed all of them up in some shape or fashion.
Anyways, with the end of the year looming I want to say thanks to a wonderful year to all of my friends and family(way too many to list here, but you know who you are). Also thanks to Facebook(who I rediscovered), District 9(who showed Hollywood that you can make a good movie with a small budget) Foo Fighters, (for putting out a best of), my Iphone, (for allowing me to do anything,anywhere), and most importantly you my reader. Here is to a new year, Ladies and Gentlement! Be safe, be proud and most of all, be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment