Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Big 25!

Number 25. Wow! I would be lying if I said I knew that I would make it to 25 posts on this blog. But like anything in life what something starts out as eventually evolves into into something else, or as a friend of mine put it practice makes perfect. So here we are, my 25th posting on a blog that has changed/evolved since it's original conception. Here are a few things I have learned on my way to the 25th posting from my blog and various other marketing ventures, that hopefully will help you as many of you have helped me. -Your first attempt at something new is always a failure. Just like riding a bike, the first time you got on it you fell. Looking back at the original template of this blog, I can only ask myself, "what was I thinking?" -Study your competitors and other people in the field! I once had a great conversation with my Brother-In-Law back in the middle part of this decade on how to create a good website. The Brother-In-Law, whose an avid entrepreuner simply said, you copy from the best. Now I have not copied anything directly, but I did find outside influences that helped this blog become what it is today. -Always advertise! People have a small attention span online and with thousands of things being said on social networking sites around the world, you have to constantly remind your audience about yourself and who you are. -Remember that your brand exceeds your blog. Not only is your blog a reflection of you, but you are a reflection of your blog. So avoid picking fights online or saying something that truly contradicts who you are. -Be yourself! If your blog gets stale so are you. If you're getting tired of writing your blog, take a breather and find out why you enjoy this medium to begin with. Explore other avenues in the field that you write about. -Have a schedule! I try to post a blog every Tuesday...sometimes that happens, sometimes it does not, but at least it keeps the blog fresh and entertaining for many people. It also helps me to keep up with my writing schedule as I juggle my full-time life along with my personal blog. So there are a few facts, that I have learned in the past few months that hopefully will help you, as you start off into your own marketing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment