Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Goodbye to Lost.

I have to do this...as a Lost fan I feel almost obligated to write a post about the final episode of Lost.  So if you are not a Lost fan, go somewhere else....maybe here Amber Naslund's blog or here at Laura Ruettiman's blog.  Okay, are you still there?  You are, GREAT!  You will not be disappointed, I promise.

Before I start anything I want to say good-bye...good-bye to Jack's self-doubt, Sawyer's charm, Sayid's tortured soul, and John Lock's spirtual quest.  Thank you Lost, it was a fun and crazy journey and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Now it's been a little over 72 hrs since the ending and many people are still talking about what the hell just happened?    Was this future purgatory?  Did Jack die in the plane crash?  Though these questions like many others were unanswered, I have to honestly say that this show, told it's story.

The number one thing about figuring out Lost's ending, is figuring out what the show was about.  Watching an episode of Lost, many people will tell you that the show is about a group of people on a mysterious island and at that point I have to agree, but then most people will ramble on about the mysteries of the island and I have to say that's where I disagree, about the premise of the show.  The show is, was, NEVER ABOUT THE ISLAND instead it was about the characters.  The show was named Lost not because this is a group of characters who are lost on a mystical Island but because this is a group of character's who are lost in their lives.  These people were battling there own demons before they ever landed on the island, be it a woman on the run or a soon to be mother who was giving away her baby, all of these people were lost in their lives and they found themselves on this island.  This is what Lost is in a nutshell, not a story about a smoke monster or.two brothers locked in a battle of good versus evil, but a show about a group of people who found each other in their time of need.

This show was more about the characters than it ever was about the Science Fiction.  Yes, I was one of those guys, who read the blogs about Walt's visions, the maps on the hatch, and Eloise Hawkins appearances, and I can honestly say I am happy that some of these questions were never answered.

So good-bye, once again Lost, there will never be a show that confused this many people ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment